Thank you for your interest in volunteering with ILC! Together, we can change lives and help create brighter futures for young Haitian professionals in Haiti. Please review the volunteer positions below and send us a message indicating your interests.
We are always looking for ESOL (English for Speakers of Other Languages) instructors that are certified to join our team. Our mission is to help as many young Haitian professionals living in Haiti become proficient in English so they can participate in the global economy and be equipped to compete with their peers from around the world. Classes meet twice a week for two hours each day, and you will be able to teach from anywhere there is an Internet connection, using our online platform!
If you are interested and certified, please send an e-mail to email@example.com with your full name, your preferred headshot, a brief bio (6-10 sentences), including the reason you want to teach ESOL in Haiti.
ESOL CONVERSATION FACILITATOR
As a Conversation Facilitator (CF), you will be instrumental in ensuring the success of the ESOL program. Either in-person (in Haiti) or via video conference, CFs lead conversation sessions with groups of students (6-10), using class lessons or current news. You will be responsible to break the ice, start conversations, and most importantly ensure everyone’s participation. A minimum of 1 hour per week and a 3-month commitment are required. If you are interested, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name, your preferred headshot, a brief bio (6-10 sentences), including the reason you want to become a CF with us.
ONLINE PROGRAMS COORDINATOR
ILC is looking for an energetic and creative individual to help coordinate our online programs. The Online Programs Coordinator‘s main activities will include:
- Identify and assess online institutions that offer programs relevant to the training needs of ILC students.
- Maintain updated profiles for various online programs facilitated by ILC.
- Maintain an updated database of online programs participants.
- Post regular announcements online to recruit potential participants to online programs.
- Lead the pre-screening process to get participants ready for their chosen fields (application, admission test, fee and tuition payment, etc.).
- Provide regular and necessary updates about various online programs.
- Serve as the go-to person for preliminary inquiries from online programs participants.
- Any other tasks as deemed relevant by the Executive Director.
- Can be fulfilled remotely.
- Requires an initial commitment of 6 months (renewable).
- Requires fluency in English. French will be a plus.
- Has no supervisory duties.
- Reports to the Executive Director.
If you are interested and available (or know someone who is) , please send an e-mail to email@example.com with your full name, your preferred headshot, a brief bio (6-10 sentences).